Mini Thali from Tamil Nadu.
South Indian Food is simple and soulful.
Most people prefer Rice in their diet. It is a complete meal with ‘Taste bhi Health bhi’ thing.
The above mentioned thali is cooked by me for my One week One State task.
This week my state was Tamil Nadu.
The thali includes;
- Adai Dosa
- Mix veg poricha
• Rice is cooked in a normal way by pressure cook or steam.
• Adai Dosa is made of mix dal i.e. Toor,Chana,Urad along with Rice and Red chilli.
• Mix veg poricha is cooked by using steamed moong dal, steamed vegetables and coconut+spices paste
• Sambhar is cooked in so many varieties all over the country. I used Arhar and Masar Dal mix. The vegetables whichever is available can be added with tadka of Mustard seeds, kadipatta,sesame seeds,hing.
• Poriyal is cooked with beans, carrots and grated coconut.
So,Tamil Nadu as every South Indian State prefers coconut in the food. The taste differs in a positive way. The use of coconut oil in South Indian cooking is delicious.
Our country has variety of food.
This was my State for this week. Keep Following for more such states and their Food.
Till than, Happy Cooking – Happy Eating ♥️