People of Himachal Pradesh are fond of eating savory food. The variety of food here is delicious. Most of the food is not so famous inspite of it’s rich taste. Let’s have a look at one today.
Make your taste buds ready for this yummy recipe.
- Petha( pumpkin) – 1kg
- Aamchur – 2tsp
- Gur (jaggery) – 4tsp
- Ginger – 2 small piece
- Spices – Haldi,Salt,Hing,chilly powder
- Mustard oil – 4tsp
Cook in this way:
- Peel and cut the pumpkin into small pieces.
- Take a pressure cooker and add the pumpkin pieces,spices,aamchur, jaggery,ginger,mustard oil,salt and cook it for 1 whistle.
- Start open cooking it to make it dry (cook till the watery consistency dries).
- After an hour or when the Petha cools to add a smoky flavor to it,heat a small piece of coal and add it the Petha and pour a small tsp of oil to it and cover immediately.
- Take out the coal piece after 5minutes and add chopped coriander to the cooked Petha and relish this.
For more such interesting stuff keep reading my blog. Till than,
Happy Cooking – Happy Eating ♥️