The Shahi Bhojan indicates food which is considered royal. Dum Biryani is one of it. Vegetable Dum Biryani is full of flavors. Each bite is filled with deliciousness.
India has varieties of rice too. Special type of variety is used in Biryani i.e. basmati. Have a look at the recipe .
Quantity: 4 people
Cooking time: 1hr
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Curd – 1/2 cup
Spices – Cardamom,Cloves,black pepper, cinnamon,
Chopped fried onion – 5
Vegetables as available : Peas, cauliflower, beans,paneer.
Cook in this way:
1. Soak rice for 30mins. Take a deep pan to cook rice. Boil water, add spices, salt and ghee. Let it boil, add soaked rice to it and cook for two minutes on large flame. After 2mins slow down the flame to medium & cook the rice till it is 70% cooked. Strain it and keep it aside.
2. In a bowl take chopped veggies,curd, spices and fried onions. Marinate the veggies. Half cook the veggies in another pan.
3. Take a handi and start layering. Add cooked veggies,top of it add cooked rice,add saffron milk,fried onions,pudina leaves. Again layer it by this way.
4. Now cover the handi with lid, you can use dough to cover the sides of the lid.
5. Cook this for 15-20mins.
6. Enjoy the delicacy with raita
Follow my blog for more updates. Till than,
Happy Cooking – Happy Eating ❤️