‘Pav’ is a popular food in Maharashtra. It is a bread/ bun. The popular food snacks are mostly eaten with this bread.
Have a look at the recipe and enjoy the famous delicacy.
Preparation time: 2hrs
Cooking time: 1hr
Milk – 2cups
Sugar – 2tsp
Salt – 1tsp
Yeast – 7gms
Butter/ghee – 4tbsp
Cook in this way:
• In a wide bowl take 1 cup warm milk,sugar,yeast & mix and leave it for 5minutes. (Yeast activates).
• Seive maida,salt and add to the above mixture and form a dough. Add 1/4 cup of milk again and keep on kneading the dough for 10mins.(it turns Sticky)
• Apply 2tbsp butter to the dough and again knead for 5minutes.
• Cover the dough and it aside for 1hr 30mins.
• Now take the dough and punch a little and make small balls and keep these balls into the baking tray.
• Apply brush of milk on the top and keep these aside for 20minutes.
• Now bake the pav for 20minutes.
• After they are baked apply butter to the baked pav and cover it with wet cloth for 20minutes. And ready to relish
Pav is a good company with tea like bun maska,vada pav,samosa pav,pav bhaji,tikki pav and on….. Enjoy the food